In our previous blog, “Bring it on, itchy noses and all“, Bosman Plumbing promised us another helpful series in our ‘Exploring Home Resolutions for 2021 series’. With as much time as we spend at home at present, and with as much attention as we spend maintaining our belongings inside our house, we should not forget about the things that keep our homes in good working order. As an asset, our homes deserve to be kept in their best condition and what better way to do this than with a list of spring-cleaning tips.
Bosman Plumbing top cleaning plumbing tips you can’t forget:
1. Check your pipes: spring is an excellent time to do a routine check of all pipes in and around your home for leaks and drips. In winter we spend more time at home. Our sanitary fixture and fitting get more workout time than we do. Take a quick walk through your house and if you spot something suspicious, take care of them right away.
2. Clean behind the toilet: especially if the area behind and around your toilet isn’t part of your regular routine. Blackwater or sewerage, as we know, can be corrosive, and tiles and fitting can be damaged by small leaks and spills.
3. Clean your drains: They might not be clogged, but preventative measures will help avoid a clog in the future. Though not a necessity as part of our Bosman Plumbing small tool kit, consider purchasing a drain snake to clear out any debris that might be there waiting to produce a clog. This can be helpful within the home and beneficial for the outdoors, especially in homes with extensive winter shedding trees.
4. Empty the gutters: your gutter drains, downpipes, and external water catchment tanks will thank you as fallen leaves and other debris make their way into your system during winter. Clear out the muck and run a little water from your catchment tank through the system to ensure all clogs are taken care of.
5. Descale and ban the mineral build-up: check your taps, showerheads, and spouts for mineral build-up. It’s essential to take care of this before it becomes a problem. And while you’re down there, attack the soap scum, and polish up those dull-looking fixtures. Later in our series, we will dedicate a whole blog on descaling and mineral build-up. So, keep reading.
6. Check the water heater temperature: if you have adjusted the temperature for winter, now is the time to start thinking about changing your geyser temperature. As we head into summer, the need for scalding hot showers fades. Be an energy-efficient temperature guru and adjust that thermostat a little.
Are you in need of assistance as you begin your spring cleaning projects? Bosman Plumbing has the tools and expertise to help you with that leaky faucet or drain cleaning. Contact us today, and one of our experienced plumbers will be at your doorstep — we’re available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
As industry experts with over 25 years of experience Bosman Plumbing is there to assist our clients with guidance, value added resources and extraordinary service. Give our team a call today should you need any post-winter repairs done.